What happens at Devon Young Carers?
We have a great team of professionals who are here to support you in your caring role in a variety of ways to suit you:
- School visits– you may have already had an assembly by one of our team, who regularly visit schools to tell pupils about being a Young Carer and the support we can offer. Our team can also meet up with you at school to offer you time to talk with someone who understands what life can be like for you.
- Information– we have a lot of experience and knowledge about what life can be like for Young Carers and will be able to provide you with some of the best information available.
- Assessment– this is a chance to chat with one of our Young Carers Support Workers about how life is for you and how your caring role affects other parts of your life. After this we may help you come up with an action plan to ensure you are able to identify and achieve your goals.
- Advice– our team will be able to offer advice specific to your situation by giving you online links, access to leaflets or books or sometimes even helping you make an appointment with another service.
- Trips, Drop-ins and Activities– from regular clubs to one-off trips, this is an opportunity to spend time with other Young Carers – a chance to make friends with others in similar situations as well as having a much needed break from your caring role.
- 1:1 support from a Young Carers Lead Practitioner– following an assessment it may have been agreed that you will receive support on a regular basis with an action plan to ensure you are able to achieve what you would like or begin to see what it is you would like to aim for.