Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Devon County Council will act as a “data controller” for any personal data that you provide which is in connection with a young carers service. For these purposes, Westbank will act as a data processor on behalf of Devon County Council.
Both Devon County Council and Westbank will ensure that the data you provide to us is processed your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations. Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s Data Protection Policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Why are we processing your personal data?
Your personal data will be processed for numerous reasons including;
- To assess your needs as a carer
- To deliver services tailored to your specific needs
- To keep you informed of latest news and developments that might affect you as a carer
- To signpost you to services you may be eligible for
- To send you customer satisfaction surveys
- To ensure that agencies responsible for your health and welfare are given timely opportunities to engage with you and to keep you safe
The lawful grounds we rely upon for processing your personal data is regulation 6(1)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulations.
Who we will share your personal data with?
It may be necessary for us to share your personal data with other organisations such as Devon County Council, NHS bodies and other service providers. We will only share your personal data with your consent unless the sharing is necessary to protect your vital interests. We will not share your personal data with any other organisations unless the law permits us to do so.
How long will we hold your personal data?
We will retain your personal data in accordance with the Devon County Council Corporate Retention Schedule.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights;
- The right of access to your own personal data
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
If you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s Customer Feedback Procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below.
Information Commissioner’s Office