Hospital Services Assistant
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to work for an award-winning organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of others?
We are looking for an ambitious and driven person to join our Devon Carers Hospital Services Team! Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank, and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages. We employ local staff to deliver the work of Devon Carers, across Devon, as part of an integrated service.
The Hospital Services Team provide up to six weeks wellbeing support to family, friends and unpaid carers when either they, or the person they support, has been discharged from hospital. This service has been nationally recognised and has recently won a prestigious NHS Health Service Journal Award.
Your role will include:
As a Hospital Services Assistant:
- You will support carers when either themselves, or the person they care for, has been discharged from hospital;
- You will work to avoid admissions by supporting carers;
- You will provide administration support for the Hospital Services Team.
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria:
- Experience of working in Health and Social Care, or a related field;
- Experience of supporting the administrative tasks of a busy team;
- Good keyboard and IT skills, including use of MS Office packages;
- Experience of adhering to Data Protection and Confidentiality policies and procedures;
- Experience of being a carer, or working with carers;
- Experience of communicating with individuals who may be in crisis, confused or upset;
- Ability to be flexible to respond to competing priorities for the team;
- Excellent administration, organisational and record-keeping skills, and ability to write in a clear, concise and professional manner.
Full details can be downloaded via the Job Description
Rate of pay: £17,681.56 FTE
Hours per week: Full or Part time hours available
Location: Priest Court, Exminster and some homeworking
Contract: Fixed-term until 31/10/2022
An Enhanced DBS Check is required for this role.
Error: Contact form not found.