Lead Practitioner – Learning Disability
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to work for an award-winning organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of others?
We are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our busy and friendly Devon Carers team as our Lead Practitioner – Learning Disability!
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank, and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages. We employ local staff to deliver the work of Devon Carers, across Devon, as part of an integrated service.
We are looking for people who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to work effectively with people at challenging times in their lives. This includes being able to treat people with dignity and respect, being able to learn and reflect on practice and being part of a team that is committed to quality care and support.
Your role will include:
The main purpose of this job is to be a point of expert reference, and to assist with supporting and developing what our service offers to carers of someone with a Learning Disability, over the age of 25 years.
As the Lead Practitioner for Learning Disability:
- You will develop and manage our relationship with relevant services;
- You will act as a focal point for the relationship between Devon Carers and relevant specialist assessment teams and services for unpaid carers supporting people with a Learning Disability over the age of 25 years;
- You will provide relevant / specialist support for Carers Support Officers (CSOs) and other staff undertaking carers assessments and support planning that requires additional coordination / liaison;
- You will develop and maintain relevant information, training and other resources to increase the skills and knowledge of Devon Carers staff relating to this specialist area;
- You will make a dynamic contribution to meeting and reporting on the Caring Well Contract (2018 – 2023);
- You will be a dynamic part of the Lead Practitioner team and have proactive oversight of the assessments and support being offered to unpaid carers by Devon Carers services, promoting best practice in their specialist area;
- You will maintain active links with relevant Carer Ambassadors and their coordinator, to support their understanding and involvement, including engagement with relevant specialist interest groups.
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care or equivalent, or willingness to work towards this;
- Experience of working in Health & Social Care, or a related field;
- Experience of supporting staff with advice, coaching, training and practice supervision;
- Experience of leading process and practice development and delivery of training;
- Knowledge of the Care Act, Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act and how they interact with each other;
- Experience of gathering, recording and updating confidential information accurately in accordance with GDPR, Equality and Diversity regulations.
Full details can be found in the Job Description
Rate of pay: £15,472.83 pro rata (£26,022.48 FTE)
Hours per week: 22
Location: Covering Devon wide / Homebased
Contract: Fixed-term until 30/04/2023
An Enhanced DBS Check is required for this role.
Error: Contact form not found.