Do you have questions about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
Do you have questions about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine as an unpaid carer?
Carers UK have updated their helpful FAQ’s on their website which gives information about;
- Registering as an unpaid carer with your GP practice so they can contact you when it is your turn to have the vaccine
- How the NHS will contact you to receive the vaccination
- The type of places the vaccination will be given
- You will NOT be asked to pay for it (so to be aware of any communication asking you to do so)
- Avoiding scams related to receiving the vaccine
- Information on the recommendation to the Gov by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) to include unpaid carers on the vaccination priority list (UK wide) Priority Group 6 (alongside people with underlying health conditions)
It is important to note that many older carers will be in a group higher up the list due to their age if they are over 65. It is hoped that all adults in the UK will be vaccinated by the autumn. For more answers to your questions please visit: bit.ly/3is1f9f