Volunteer with us
Why volunteer for us?
Join our team in enhancing the free support we provide to over 20,000 unpaid carers in Devon. Our Volunteers provide an invaluable service by helping us to provide support to carers, to maintain their own health, wellbeing and independence.
There are lots of benefits for you too and is a good way to:
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Use your skills to help others
- Give something back
- Increase your self-esteem and confidence
Volunteering for us is free and all of your expenses will be reimbursed. It is also flexible, you can give as much or as little time as you are able to.
We offer a variety of roles, which include:
- Phone support volunteer: make pre-arranged phone calls to carers who need extra support
- Admin volunteer: help out in one of our offices by making phone calls and undertaking administration tasks
- Group supporter: host an ongoing social group for carers or support staff members with larger group events
- Carer connector: work with staff to create Carer Friendly Communities
- Carer Ambassador: you will share your personal experience and knowledge of caring to help improve the lives of other carers
How much time do I need to volunteer?
Volunteering can take as much or as little time as you have available. Whether it’s an hour or two every week or you are looking for a more long term role, we have an opportunity for you.
Will I receive training?
All volunteers are DBs checked and attend a full induction training session. Ongoing training and supervision is then provided throughout your time as a volunteer.
How do I become a volunteer?
For an informal chat about all our volunteer roles or an application pack, please contact on 03456 434 435 or click on the ‘Ask’ button on our homepage to chat online with our Helpline devoncarers.org.uk
We would love to hear from you!