Hospital Liaison Worker
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to work for an award-winning organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of others?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our Devon Carers Hospital Services Team!
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank, and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages. We employ local staff to deliver the work of Devon Carers, across Devon, as part of an integrated service.
The Hospital Services Team provide up to six weeks wellbeing support to family, friends and unpaid carers when either they, or the person they support, has been discharged from hospital. This service has been nationally recognised and has recently won a prestigious NHS Health Service Journal Award.
Your role will include:
- You will support family, friends and unpaid carers (‘carers’) when either themselves or the person they care for has been discharged from hospital;
- You will work to avoid admissions by supporting unpaid carers;
- You will carry out initial assessments with unpaid carers to establish needs arising from their caring role and, using a strengths-based approach to work with them to support these needs;
- You will deliver intensive 1:1 wellbeing support for unpaid carers for up to 6 weeks after discharge from hospital;
- You will undertake Carers Assessments (Health & Wellbeing checks) for unpaid carers who still have eligible needs under the Care Act at the end of Hospital Services Support;
- You will carry out virtual ward rounds within the acute hospitals in Devon and visits to carry out face to face ward rounds on a rota with others in the team;
- You will raise carer awareness within the RD&E, North Devon District Hospital, Torbay Hospital and Derriford Hospital.
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria:
- NVQ III or equivalent qualification in Health and Social Care or another relevant field, or willingness to work towards such a qualification;
- Experience of working in Health & Social Care;
- Experience of providing one-to-one advice or support in a similar/relevant role;
- Experience of being a carer or working with unpaid carers;
- Excellent administration, organisational and record-keeping skills, and ability to write in a clear, concise and professional manner;
- Car driver/owner (or otherwise able to satisfy, with appropriate adjustments, requirements for travel associated with the role);
- Good Keyboard and IT Skills including use of MS Office Packages.
Full details can be found in the Job Description
Rate of pay: £18,664.77 pro rata – £23,019.89 FTE
Hours per week: 30 – 37
Location: Mainly homebased, with bi-weekly visits to either RD&E, North Devon District Hospital, Torbay Hospital or Derriford Hospital (depending on location)
Contract: Fixed-term until 31/10/2022
An Enhanced DBS Check is required for this role.
Error: Contact form not found.