Are there any other benefits to having an Alert Card?
The Alert Card is non-transferrable and must only be used by the carer named on the card.
We endeavour to ensure that all information regarding Alert Card benefits below is accurate. However, Devon Carers cannot be held responsible if any of these benefits are withdrawn by the organisations.
If in any doubt please do phone the venue you are visiting to double check their procedure.
Free Hospital Parking
- RD&E Exeter – take your alert card to the department and show them. They will phone car parking
- Torbay Hospital—for the newly-barriered car parks, take the parking ticket and your Alert Card to one of the voiding points across the hospital (see car park signs for details). For the pay & display car parks display your Alert Card face up on your dashboard
- Newton Abbot Hospital—display your Alert Card face up on your dashboard
- Totnes Hospital—display your Alert Card face up on your dashboard
- Derriford Hospital—free parking offered (overnight only),with the Alert Card. Take your card to the parking desk
Discounted Hospital Parking
- Derriford Hospital—reduced rate of £3 per day with your Alert Card. Take your card to the parking desk to obtain this discount
Discount at RD&E Exeter
- 20% discount with Alert Card on non-branded food & drink in the restaurant and cafes
Attractions across Devon
- Many attractions across Devon offer discounts for carers when they visit with their cared-for person, and recognise the Alert Card as proof of being a carer