Are there any other benefits to having an Alert Card?
The Alert Card is non-transferrable and must only be used by the carer named on the card, when attending hospital appointments with/or visiting the person you are caring for.
We endeavour to ensure that all information regarding Alert Card benefits below is accurate. However, Devon Carers cannot be held responsible if any of these benefits are withdrawn by the organisations.
If in any doubt please do phone the venue you are visiting to double check their procedure.
Free Hospital Parking
- RD&E Exeter – please note change in process: take your card with you and speak to the reception desk in the ward/department you are visiting. Ask them to phone the parking department and give them your car registration number to arrange a Vehicle Clearance Form to receive free pay and display parking. You can also use your card for a discount when purchasing items from the café.
- Torbay Hospital — Car Parks with Barriers: press the button to obtain your ticket to enter the barriered car park. Take the ticket with you into the hospital. At the end of your visit/appointment provide your parking ticket and Alert Card at one of the voiding points across the hospital (ward/main reception) and a member of staff will validate the ticket so you can exit the car park with that ticket – free of charge.
Pay and Display Car Parks: Free car parking does NOT apply to the Pay and Display Car Parks, and you must park behind barriers to benefit from the free car parking.
- Newton Abbot Hospital—display your Alert Card face up on your dashboard
- Totnes Hospital—display your Alert Card face up on your dashboard
- Derriford Hospital—free parking offered (overnight only),with the Alert Card. Take your card to the parking desk
Discounted Hospital Parking
- Derriford Hospital—reduced rate of £3 per day with your Alert Card. Take your card to the parking desk to obtain this discount
Discount at RD&E Exeter
- 20% discount with Alert Card on non-branded food & drink in the restaurant and cafes
Attractions across Devon
- Many attractions across Devon offer discounts for carers when they visit with their cared-for person, and recognise the Alert Card as proof of being a carer