Peer Support Officer
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to work for an award-winning organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of others?
We are looking for an eager and experienced person to join our busy and friendly Devon Carers Team!
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank, and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages. We employ local staff to deliver the work of Devon Carers, across Devon, as part of an integrated service.
Your role will include:
- You will provide opportunities for unpaid carers to reduce social isolation and build resilience;
- You will develop supportive and sustainable carer networks, communities and social opportunities for unpaid carers to engage in mutual support;
- You will provide opportunities for unpaid carers to participate together in activities which they find interesting, motivating and/or meaningful
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria, so please use the supporting statement, or make reference in your CV, to evidence how you meet these:
- Proven track record of providing support groups and activities to service users;
- Evidence of methodical and accurate record keeping;
- Good IT skills, including an understanding of MS Office packages and databases;
- Ability to plan, prioritise and use own initiative with excellent attention to detail;
- Relevant experience of working in a role involving effective liaison with other agencies;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills across a range of audiences;
- Ability/willingness to work flexibly, as the role requires, including occasional weekend and evening work;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Sound understanding of safeguarding, Health & Safety and GDPR regulations, within the work setting;
- High level of inter-personal skills, with the ability to develop solutions.
Full details can be found in the Job Description
Rate of pay: £18,664.78 pro rata (£23,019.89 FTE)
Hours per week: 30
Location: Office-based (once identified) / Working from home
Contract: Fixed Term until 30/04/2023
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th February 2022
Virtual Interviews will be held: Wednesday 2nd March 2022
An Enhanced DBS Check is required for this role.
Error: Contact form not found.