Carer friendly communities

What is a Carer Friendly Devon Community?

We are working with organisations and businesses across the county to raise awareness of unpaid carers and their contribution to their community.

As organisations and businesses sign up to become a Carer Friendly Devon Community Supporter we will ask them to:

• Undertake carer awareness training to understand better the role of an unpaid carer.
  • Consider what they can do to support carers to make life a little easier for them.
  • Help us to raise awareness of carers.
  • Join in events such as Carers Week

How will I know if somewhere is Carer Friendly?

All of our partners will display our Carer Friendly Devon logo as a window sticker and/or poster, look out for it in your community.

The Carer Friendly Devon logo confirms the partner has an understanding of carers and has a carer friendly attitude.

Carer Friendly Devon

See below for a list of Carer Friendly Places

Business /organisation name:  Devon Cycle Hire

Address: Sourton Down, Okehampton, EX20 4HR

Tel: 01837 861141

Email: info@devoncyclehire.co.uk

Description:

A cycle hire centre with direct access onto The Granite Way – enjoy some time seeing Dartmoor by bike on an easy traffic-free trail.

20% off hire costs with your Carer Friendly card – booking advisable

20% off hot drinks with your Carer Friendly card.

Hands On Me Business

Business /organisation name:  Hands on me

Address: Haniton

Tel: 07806934442 or 01404 45917

Email: h.foundling@btopenworld.com

Description:

Heather Foundling-Hawker is a qualified sports therapist, reflexologist and personal trainer; she is also an unpaid carer.

Often day to day stress and the inability to relax and unwind can benefit from a deep relaxing yet refreshing massage. Please get in touch for prices offered to carers.

Jessica Vassallo

Business /organisation name:  Jessica Vassallo

Address: Available at The Practice Rooms, Castle Street, Exeter, South Beach Spa, Exmouth and online.

Tel: 07957 556856

Email: jess@jessicavassallo.com

Description:

Jessica am very happy to offer discounted services for carers in Devon. With experience as a Mindset and Emotional Wellbeing Coach, she has helped clients with anxiety, stress, depression and unhealthy habits.

Her services help carers to have some well needed “me” time, while learning how to better cope with their life challenges.

Pawsome Of Topsham

Business /organisation name:  Pawsome of Topsham

Address: 77 Fore Street, Topsham, Devon, EX3 0HQ

Tel: 01392 688888

Email: pawsome.topsham@gmail.com

Description:

Anything and everything your dog or cat may need – and all with green credentials where possible. They offer high-quality yet affordable pet food and goodies. Grooming appointments in a fully-equipped pet spa on-site & stylish outdoor wear and homewares.

Shop online or visit their carer friendly store in Topsham.